From mx Help Wiki
- Create different measurement types by creating new "Standard Views".
- Create a new StandardView for each measurement or combination of measurements (e.g. ratios).
- Ratios or other sums will be defined in the "formula" box of a Standard View (functionality remains to be described).
- A workflow can be organized by creating a group of Standard Views.
- Create a Standard View Group and add Standard Views as desired.
- Group the StandardViews (= measurement types) into as many groups as you'd like.
- You can include just one Standard View in a group if you wish, this will allow you to use the batch creation function.
- Measurement values of zero (0) are allowed.
- All measurements are stored as floats.
- If when editing a measurement in the batch editor no value is provided that measurement will be deleted on update.
- All measurements have a "conversion factor", which defaults to 1 in most forms.
- The actual value of the measurement record is ALWAYS
measurement X conversion_factor
Adding measurements to the database
- Start by adding a series of specimens to the database and giving them OTU determinations
- Create a Standard View Group as described above.
- On the measurements tab navigate to "more options" -> "create"
- Select the OTU which identifies your specimens
- Select the Standar View Group
- Add a conversion factor (to be used for all measurements)
- Select the units.
- Click submit.
- Fill in the form and click add/edit.
- Create continuous characters by selecting a Standard View for that character in the "Continuous character for" field when editing or creating a character.
- WARNING: filling this field will delete all states and all associated codings that presently exist for the character.
- the display functionality here remains to be completed