From mx Help Wiki
Description of fields available for new collecting event tab.
Geographical information fields
- Geography / Finest Geography: Write or pick up from the list the closest geographical unit. Note that it goes down to county for USA localities and state/province for most other countries. This is intentional, cities and precise information about the site is being indicated in "locality".
- Locality: Indication of the site of collection, for example "10 miles N of 'X'"
- Latitude, longitude, lat/lon error: enter the geographical coordinates for the locality, in decimal degrees. Note that western longitudes (e.g. USA), and southern latitudes (e.g. Australia) are negative.
- Verbatim coordinates: enter latitude and longitude as written on the label. Useful field if it follows a different notation than the indicated above. Also, one can indicate (check b box) if geographical coordinates are undeterminable.
- Elevation: enter altitude information for collection site.
Collection information fields
- Start Date, End Date: enter date or time interval of collection
- Collector(s): enter name of the collectors
- Method: enter method of collection, for example "sweeping", "malaise trap", etc.
- Verbatim collecting method: enter if collecting method is written differently in the label, abbreviated etc. (ex. "FIT" for flight interception trap)
- Host genus / species: enter host information if available
- Trip Code: use if trip or collecting event is also recorded in another control sheet or database
- Namespace: selecting a namespace facilitates tracking the trip code by 'owner'
- Errors: check boxes for different types of errors that might be detected when entering label information:
- Error in data entry (label/data was incorrectly entered)
- Error due to label (nothing can be done)
- Error checked (whatever appears to be an error, isn't)
- Undeterminable finest geography (can't determine a geographic unit for this collecting event)
- Number to Print
- Verbatim Label: label as received (line breaks are read)
- Print Label: label as desired to be printed (line breaks are read)
- Document label