This simple batch load allows you to quickly capture many verbatim labels and generate collecting event entries for each one.
This simple batch load does not geocode the labels, it just allows you to quickly capture many verbatim labels and generate collecting event entries for them. The input is a text file (no problems with end-of-line characters detected, if else you may need to convert your line endings to UNIX format).
- Input is a text file.
- You must verify the result first.
- Formatting is as in "verbatim_label" for specimen batch loading. App/specimen/batch_load.
- A blank line indicates a new label.
- Optional double pipes "||" translate to a single line break (separating lines in a label).
- Optional "++" translates to 2 line breaks (a blank line in a label).
USA:TX:Brazos Co.||2 mil SW College||Station, ix-12-2009||S.Smith, Malaise USA:TX:Brazos Co. 2 mil SW College Station, ix-13-2009 S.Smith, Malaise ++ Collected off of really really big tree
This file results in 2 labels. The second label has a blank line to separate the geographical information from the note ("collected off...")